So.....the biopsy. To say it didn't go well is an understatement. The cell and tissue samples needed to be taken from my uterus so the doctor needed to be able to get inside and well.....my cervix was completely against that idea. As it turns out, you have no control over making a cervix behave. :)
The doctor used her first line of defense, then a clamp to straighten it out to give her a better shot....then dilator rods. All to no avail unless extreme pain is your goal. It was NOT mine but I got it anyway.
The doctor broke the news. The biopsy would have to be done another way.
After talking, talking more, and then a nice long phone chat with the doctor, I have decided to go the OR route. So, surgery has been scheduled and the biopsy and endometrial ablation will be done at that time.
Depending on the results of the biopsy I'm either good until the next go around or it's back to the OR. Time will tell.
So - that's what is up with me.