Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Bed

If you know me in real life, then you know I have an affinity for my bed. My amazingly wonderful fluffy and dreamy bed. I have a feather mattress cover, a feather mattress pad that goes on top of the feathers and a really great feather comforter. The pillows? Amazingly comfy.

I created my dream bed over a year ago and I have not spend one single second being sorry I did. When life gets to be too much, you can find me under my covers. In the evenings I will happily crawl in and watch TV surrounded by my fluffy softness.

I am a BIG believer in making your bed and your bedroom into an oasis of comfort. A place to retreat. A place to enjoy. I cannot stress it enough: bedrooms should be your safe spot.

So if yours isn't your safe place, do something easy and inexpensive to start making it so. Maybe go to Fine Linens and look at their matouk line. Not only do they have bedding but they have bathroom towels and whatnot. Seriously - it's truly life changing how good linens can enhance your life.

They don't have to cost a lot. WalMart, Target, Fred Meyer...all good places to purchase bedding. You can do what I did; one piece at a time so that it doesn't impact your budget too much.

Making my room my safe place is one of the best thing I ever did for myself. Ever.

No comments: