Monday, November 15, 2010

Random Ramblings on a Monday Night

I have nothing specific to entertain you with tonight but heck - I'm sitting here so I may as well blog about *something*. The holidays are coming, which I'm sure you all know but in case you didn't yet realize it, there it is. They are coming.

I am so not ready.

The house is semi-decorated for Christmas (Don't judge. Thanksgiving is a holiday that just isn't a big deal to me. Never has been.) Inside, all that is left is the tree which the kids would like to put up tomorrow. I'm pushing for Wednesday but we'll see how it plays out. I don't so much care as long as there is time to enjoy doing it together. I will have to get egg nog though as Kelton sees that as a critical part of tree decorating. :)

The outside decorations still need to be dealt with but I have a week before I really have to break out the best acne product to deal with my stress acne over decorating so as to keep the kids Christmas intact.

I finally got some gift ideas from Kelton so I need to squeeze in some child-free shopping. It's going to be a lean Christmas but that's life and I'm sure a lot of us are in the same place. I've been squirreling away funds from here and there so hopefully there will be enough to let Santa do his thing.

Kaylen and I both need haircuts this weeks. I can still cut Kelton's hair at home but Kaylen's is tricky (it's straighter) and well...I have yet to be able to cut my own hair without looking mighty frightening.

So much to do and never enough time to do it. Such is life, I suppose. But for now? It's time to hit the pillows and get some much needed sleep. Good night.

No comments: