Sunday, November 07, 2010

Changes

I can feel the winds of change coming. Again. Just in case I ever start feel too comfortable and safe in the world the "winds of upset" are there to remind me that I am not safe and I am not to get too comfortable with feeling safe. I don't recall the last time I felt safe for more than a day or two -though I am sure it's been years.

One thing that will really help is if I could land a job and bring in my own money. Money might not buy happiness but it does buy freedom. I've thought about looking into a medical assistance program or something like that. Maybe one of those colleges where you can attend in your pajamas (oh come on - I know you've seen the ads). Online classes might be a good thing to look into to give me some new skills.

I've run the numbers and if I could even land a decent paying part time job (30 hours a week) I could probably make it ok. Not great, but ok. It's hard when you don't feel safe in your own life. Every day it's like waiting for a shoe to drop and that's not a fun way to live. So no, money might not buy happiness but it sure does help.

No comments: