Friday, October 22, 2010

WOOT WOOT!!!

Give it up for my girl - SHE RODE THE BUS TO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!! This is the first time she has stepped foot on the bus since the second day of school.

Yes, true. I followed the bus and met her there but this is a HUGE step. Unless you have been living the hour to hour, day in and day out anxiety of this little girl, you have no idea what a gigantic step this is.

I am so incredibly proud of her. I could see the internal struggle of wanting to and not wanting to but she fought hard and won and her reward? Three of her friends from her class ride the same bus! I do believe their excitement was bigger than hers but I think once she calms down and realizes what a great thing she has accomplished, she will be just as excited as the other girls were.

I have to say, it warms my heart to hear the kids clamouring for her attention. Saying hello to her and asking her to sit by them. I love how sweet and caring her classmates are to her (and to each other). It's as though they sense she needs TLC and they are all happy to give it and support her and be her friend. And because of that? Because of that I think she is becoming more herself than she has been since school started.

I can't take all the credit for getting her to this point. Her classmates deserves as much credit as I do. I'm just so darn proud of her!!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Very sweet and way to go Kaylen!

Jennifer said...

Hooray! That is big. I'm glad she has such sweet friends! :)