Friday, October 30, 2009

Backing Up

Have you noticed all those photos I've posted lately? Trust me - there are hundreds more that I've taken in the past couple of months but do you think for a single second that I have backed up any of my photos since that day when my old hard drive bite the dust? If you are guessing no, then *DING DING DING* you are right!

You would think I would learn, wouldn't you?

What I think I need is a system that automatically does an online backup for me. Something that would just do it every day without my ever having to think about it.

Wouldn't that be an awesome service?! I'm sure I would probably find something like that out there in the world but I'm equally sure that I wouldn't want to pay the service fees.....or would I? I guess it depends on the fee. $30 a year? I'm there! $130 a year? No thanks.

I guess I really just need to commit to a weekly back-up time.

Yes. You may laugh now. :)

And I am going to plug in the external HD and get busy backing up my photos.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

External hard drive back up rocks, IMO. I've never lost anything, and I don't want to!!

Stacey said...

you should get 2 drives because if one goes (ours did) you lose everything.

we use flickr and it's only $25/year unlimited. gives you another place to store the originals.