Monday, October 19, 2009

Autumn Fun

It was one of those moments that you just can't say no to. We had experienced some really heavy rains on Saturday which caused many, many leaves to fall to the ground. On Sunday, the lawn was covered in fall leaves and the kids were really wanting to play in them. It would have been a grand idea except for the small fact that the leaves were soaking wet.

On our way to the car I told them we would have to see but it might take a few days before they were dry enough to play in (I skipped the part about rain expected for the next week). When we arrived home late in the afternoon no one was more surprised than me to see that the leaves, while still wet here and there, were perfect for playing.

The sun was shining brightly, too brightly as you can tell from the squinting going on in the photos of Dakota with the kids. (Poor Kaylen looked like she was in need of anti wrinkle cream from all her squinting!)


It was a perfect time for a romp in the leaves!
Enjoy!




















4 comments:

Audra said...

Looks like it was a great day!!!

Tanya said...

I want some leaves. How fun.

Dakota said...

So fun! The "Yard Waste" one still makes me laugh!

Froggymama said...

Excellent pictures. I don't know if you've seen the movie "Better Off Dead," but there's a part where John Cusack jumps off a bridge and lands in a garbage truck and an African American man says, "Well would you look at that, someone threw away a perfectly good white boy." When I saw the kids in the garbage can, I couldn't help but think about that scene. Ha.