Monday, August 31, 2009

Quack Quack

A few days ago I saw a post on a friend's blog that she had taken her kids to feed the ducks and when I saw the photo I knew exactly where they had gone. I remember when Kelton was just a small baby and we discovered the area (it was just being developed but the park was in place). There are a bunch of waterfalls and ponds and it's just so pretty and peaceful. For some reason, we hadn't been back there since.

I couldn't wait to find a time to take the kids there to feed the ducks and that time presented itself nicely on Saturday afternoon. I threw in extra clothes (because I know my kids and water) and a bunch of bread and off the four of us went.

It was a lot of fun and I'm hoping that feeding the ducks will be a memory they can take with them much the same way I have memories of my grandparents taking me to lake near Seattle to feed ducks when I was about Kelton's age.

What a great way to spend a summer weekend afternoon!


















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My aren't you looking skinny since the last time I saw you. Great Job!
Lynn

Dakota said...

Fun pictures - especially considering the ages of two of our photographers! Feeding the ducks was really fun!

Caroline said...

Sounds like it was a great day. One of my best memories with my Grandparents is when they would take me to feed the ducks.

Great pictures and I love the last one of Kaylen. So cute.

Cara said...

Wow! These are fantastic photos! I love absolutely all of them!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. What a lovely family you all are!

Heidi

Kristen said...

very fun. Audrey loves feeding the ducks at the park.

Sheri said...

What a beautiful day! The photos look like they should be in a magazine article "How to Enjoy a Family Saturday."

Tanya said...

Great pictures and fun family time :) Who could ask for more?