Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Monkey-ing Around

Recently I was given the opportunity to receive one of two gifts and then blog about them. Originally I had signed up for the nightlight gift because well - we use several nightlights on a regular basis around here however when the shipment arrived I discovered that I had been sent an adorable sock monkey! My daughter could not have been more pleased by the little mix up and quickly claimed the monkey as her own.



The company, Colonial Candle, sells Genuine Monkeez as well as a whole lot of other fun looking products and is definitely worth a look when you are "window shopping" for a unique gift.

While personally I am not a huge fan of sock monkeys this one is definitely one of the cuter ones I've seen. I would caution against giving it to a young child (or a house that has dogs who like to chew up stuffed toys) because of the magnets in this head (to hold his hat on)and his hands and feet. In our house, as long as we keep it away from the dogs, it's been a fun little guy to have hanging around. We have metal wall corners around the house and the kids love to take it and stick it in various places which never fails to get a laugh. Kaylen loves to hug it and it is often included in her doll play.

As a bonus to the gift I was sent, they also included some of their candles and can I just say? YUMMY! They smell so, so, so good. They sent a tea light of leather scented, cranberry cosmo and cafe au lait. I'm sure you will find it no surprise that my favorite is the cafe au lait! If all their candles smell as good as these three you just can't go wrong. When you have time, be sure to check out their web site.

No comments: