Thursday, August 27, 2009

Brrrrrrr!!

One of my first thoughts this morning was "Wow! It's COLD!" Going from an 80-something degree day yesterday and into a 90-something day today I guess I was caught off guard by the 49 degree temperature I woke up to in the tent this morning. I mean, I know it's been cool in the mornings but 49? Really? 17 more degrees and we could have had snow. I'm just sayin'.

The Tent Adventure, Night 1 went well enough. No major meltdowns by either child, both slept through the night fine and both woke early. Considering they went to sleep later than usual, I was hoping for a later than 6am wake up call but who am I kidding? I was awake anyway.

Last night after dinner I made a campfire and the kids and Dakota roasted marshmallows and enjoyed s'mores. Then we were treated to the new nightly routine of "Circus". The other day one of the tie down stakes for the play structure broke so the kids and I went to Lowes to see about getting a replacement piece. While there we passed the play structure section and they went crazy for the trapeze/ring part. It was more than I wanted to spend that day but I went ahead and got it for them. Oh my gosh. I can't tell you the amount of time they have both spent playing on it and I have to say, it's turning out to be a great core developer for Kelton (he has weak core muscle tone) which is going to really help him in lots of ways. Kaylen? Well she flips and flips and flips. It was a good investment.

As the light was disappearing from our evening I tossed the kids in the tub to clean them up and then it was time for stories in their sleeping bags and finally....they drifted off to dreamland.

Kaylen woke up and nearly the first thing she said was "Thank you for letting us sleep in the tent!"

You're welcome, baby girl. You are very welcome.









(The cushion is from the swing. They like to have a soft landing and well...who can blame them?)

7 comments:

Mimi said...

when does kelton start school?

Casey said...

September 2nd. And I am so not ready for school to start. :(

Dakota said...

Good pictures. The tent is fun - and way better this time than the last night when it rained, and found out the tent was not so much rainproof.

Ree said...

Sounds like a 'real' camping experience right in your own back yard!! Isn't funny the 'things' that kids can enjoy???

Kristen said...

Good idea with the cushion. Audrey isn't a jumper yet so we haven't had to think of that. I'll keep it in mind.

Non-Offending Parent said...

So glad that you guys are having lots of "after the bar exam" family fun time. we can't get enough either! Adorable pix. :)
Jennifer

Zach said...

That trapeze is great! I had one as a kid and loved it. (After a long break in between) I actually ended up taking trapeze lessons as an adult, both flying and static trapeze, and love it so much. Now I notice what a core workout it is, though, whereas as a kid I never thought about it!