Thursday, August 06, 2009

Seriously?

Last week it was 107 degrees here. Today? Today it is 61. I kid you not. I feel a bit silly wearing capri's and a t-shirt and I feel almost neglectful letting the kids wear shorts and tank tops (well - Kaylen is wearing a summer dress since shorts are much like pants and must be avoided at all cost.)

We have friends coming into town tomorrow and I was hoping to have nice weather so we could hang out in the yard and have a BBQ for dinner but at the rate of this weather change, we'll be wearing sweaters and long pants and staying inside all day.

Not that I would rather have blistering heat that could melt truck grills right off a vehicle but temperatures in the warm summer zone would be really nice.

Mother Nature sure is playing games with us. Too hot, too cold. How about we settle it right up the middle? 80 seems good to me. :)

No comments: