Friday, August 28, 2009

Already?

It seems like summer has just begun and yet the evidence is all around me that it is all too quickly ending. I'm not ready. I'm really not ready. But no one is asking me what I think. The school buses are out running their routes and figuring out their timing. The school supply rows at the stores are running low and are extremely picked over. The clothing sections no longer have shorts, t-shirts and swimwear. Instead there are sweaters and coats and long sleeves.

Those who have known me for very long know that I usually LOVE when the fall things start showing up in the ads. Mid-way through summer I am planning when I will put up the fall decorations and by now? They are already up and the house is decked out in colorful fall leaves.

They aren't up this year. I'm not feeling it. I want more summer. I want more time to have summer fun with my family. But according to the trees and the flowers I will not be getting my way. Fall is coming - ready or not.

Guess I should find the fall decorations......*sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, no, no. You can fight fall for a long time. Those leaves are falling off because of the lack of rain.
-L

Froggymama said...

Wow, just getting caught up on your blog! Kaylen is such a big kid now! When did this happen? How did our babies become little girls? Man, oh man, does time fly!