Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Four and a Half

Yesterday marked Kaylen's half birthday. Four and a half years old. I know it's a cliche to ask but seriously? Where has the time gone? It doesn't seem possible that my teeny tiny baby girl has grown so quickly into this little girl who holds court and likes to make her presence known. That baby who used to scream her lungs raw day after day after day is now the little girl who...well....screams her lungs raw. Some things never change. :)

What's amazing to think about is how fast her childhood is going to go if it continues to move at this warp speed. Pretty soon she will be hitting the 'tween stage and then the teen years and then...well...we're looking at dating and hanging out with friends and *gulp* driving.

Not that it's time to look into auto insurance quotes for her yet but sheesh - it feels like it will be here before I blink many more times.

Four and a half. That is painfully close to five. I'm really not ready for my baby to be five. I hope these next 6 months crawl by - but in a good way. I want to keep her a preschooler for a while longer. I'm not ready to be the mom of 2 school aged kids. That just seems so....well....old.

It should take longer for kids to grow. Each year should really span two because maybe then life would allow us all to slow down and really enjoy it. It just goes too fast.

Happy Half Birthday my darling daughter!

No comments: