Monday, October 23, 2006

The Puppy Shirt



See that cute little puppy shirt that Kaylen is wearing? It comes with a great story...at least, Dakota and I think it's a great story. :)

That shirt used to belong to Kelton. When I was pregnant with Kaylen, and Kelton was but a young 2 year old, we were explaining to him how the new baby would wear some of his outgrown clothes. After some more conversation and thought, he very seriously got up, went to his dresser and pulled out his all time favorite shirt, this blue puppy shirt. He handed it to me and said "I want baby sister to have this shirt." We thanked him and explained that he should continue wearing it for now but when he outgrew it we would put it away for when sister was big enough.

Well....she is big enough now.

Kelton, of course, says he doesn't remember but I know that Dakota and I will never forget. I dressed Kaylen in it this afternoon and I think she looks adorable!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

That is the sweetest story. You will need to keep that shirt forever.

Kristen said...

That is sweet!

Brenda said...

What a sweet and heart warming story!