Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
(7:05pm) check update at the end of this post if you are interested)

A dead car battery. What a stellar way to start the day.

How did it happen, you ask? Hmmm...something about two kids who love to pretend to drive and two tired moms who, after a day in the pumpkin patch, neglected to check that all doors where properly closed. Add to that one stay at home day and presto....a dead battery 36 hours later.

*sigh*

When oh when will AAA get here? I had somewhere to be 50 minutes ago.

Doesn't it just figure.

Edited to Add:
Ok - the day is over so thought I'd add an update. Not only was the battery dead...it was *really* dead (can you be deader than dead? I guess you can when you are a battery.). The tow truck guy finally arrived and he tested the battery and said without emotion, "You need a new one. Today." He jumped the car and said "Don't stop it until you get somewhere that will have a battery for you."

Nice.

I went to Les Schwab and ended up spending $100 to get a battery. Oh and get this - the date on my now-old battery was 3/05 which means that was when it was made. I had to have had it installed a few months after that. This was JUST LAST YEAR! Of course, I don't really remember any of this because that would have been in the midst of PPD and D getting ready to start school. I vaguely remembered something about a new battery so I made a call to the place I had been taking the car for maintenance. Yes, it's true. I had a new battery installed in June of last year. And oh hey - there was a phone number on the battery that I could have called and they would have brought out a FREE replacement for me. Now I ask you, don't you think that *someone* who looked at my battery today could have told me that? I would have thought it...I mean seriously...there I was with two small kids looking probably at least half as frazzled as I felt. Someone could have said SOMETHING!!

And now it just isn't worth my time to try to figure it all out (not to mention I don't exactly need a new battery sitting in my garage for no good reason) because, after all, I just spent money I didn't have to get a battery I needed TODAY. *sigh*

It's always something.

It's been a day, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Gandksmom said...

UGH! I hate days like that. Hope things are better now.