Monday, October 23, 2006

ARGH!!!!!!

I could kill myself. I'm such a loser sometimes. And I mean that literally.

My digital camera had 163 pictures from this weekend. Some of the cutest photos ever. Heck - even a great one of Kaylen and I together. And it's rare that I like a photo of myself - so you *know* it was pretty good.

Anyway - I hooked up the camera to transfer the pictures to my computer and then I set about taking care of something Kelton needed. When I returned I unhooked the camera and turned it on to delete the photos. It was acting weird so I removed the battery, reinserted it and tried again. This time it worked great so I hit delete and poof! Photos were deleted.

Except..............................(and you all see it coming)..............................

The stupid program only downloaded 50 of the photos!!! FIFTY!!!!!!!!!!!! That means 113 were deleted. Never to be seen again. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there were some really great photos from yesterday when Dakota and the kids were in the yard planting tulip bulbs for me.

The real kick in the teeth is this: I never, ever, ever delete the photos on the camera until I have double checked to be sure they all downloaded. SO WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT TODAY????????????

I'm so sad I could just cry.

Sometimes I miss my old standard film camera. *sigh*

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about that. I so worry about that with all the digital stuff. I worry that our computer will crash and all the pictures I have will be lost.

Kristen said...

We've deleted pictures from our computer before and downloaded a program that found them for us. Maybe there is something like that so you can find them from your memory stick again? I'd call the camera people and ask them. Can't hurt.

Gandksmom said...

I soooo want a digital camera! We finally got 3 rolls developed this weekend but they didn't put them on a disc!! ARGH!!! I want to post them. So, although my pics aren't gone, I can't post them unless I get up off my sick butt and scan them! All of your pictures are sooo darn cute. Even you...you cutie!