Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Confessions From a Toddler on the Edge

My name is Kaylen. I am 19 months old and I am addicted to coffee.

I don't know exactly how this addiction took hold of me but I think it was one of those mornings when my mommy left her coffee cup sitting on the end table. Was was she thinking?!? Anyway - I picked up, took a sip and never looked back.

Coffee. I simply MUST have it.

I don't think it's the coffee as much as the raspberry creamer she puts in. It could also be the spoonful of Cool-Whip she uses though I've taken note that she only does that on the weekends and well....I steal coffee every day of the week so I'm really thinking it's that creamer. I think it's a form of "baby crack". I smell the coffee brewing and I start to get excited. Then she pours her cup and gets it all ready. Before she sits down I am begging to sit on her lap and even though she tells me it's hot I lunge for it. I MUST HAVE IT!

I try hard to wait until she says it's cool but honestly, I don't care. I must taste it. I must. There is no logic to my craving. All I know it there is no stopping me.

I think I need a 12-step program.
Sincerely yours,
Toddler on the Edge


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad. My husband has my 2 year old addicted to beer. No matter dark or light, she's always asking for a drink whenever a brewskie shows its face! So count your blessings. At least it's not *illegal* for Kaylen to drink the Jo!

Sonya said...

Kaylen,

Keep drinking it up and enjoy!

I'm addicted to my Mommy's Diet Coke! Mommy & Momma say that my sisters had to wait until they were 2 1/2 to have pop, and not even the good stuff at that. I know when she's got Diet Coke and I insist! I've even got the "ahhhh" down after that first refreshing gulp.

Your pal,
Spencer

Pat said...

It's okay, sweetheart. Everyone has a vice. But when Mommy starts finding teabags under your mattress, skittles in your nose or ears, and Cap'n Crunch in the VCR, there's going to have to be an intervention.

momtothreeboys said...

But look at the size of that there cup! Whoa baby!

Caroline said...

As a substance abuse counselor, it is best to get a hold of the addiction early. And SHE has to be ready to change. And from the looks of this picture she has no desire to change anytime soon. Infact, I think the pictures show she is bragging about her love of coffee.