Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Cool Day

And I mean that literally. It only got to 81 here today - what a relief!! So what's a girl to do on her first cool day in five days? Get ready - this is almost too much excitement.......






Are you ready?



Are you sitting down?










Laundry. Yep - laundry. Seven loads, to be exact. Just think - next time we have a stretch of unbelievably hot days I won't have to wait to do laundry. We'll have air conditioning. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Oh - and in other exciting news from the day....I chopped down a bush (well - one completely down but there was another that received a serious trim) to make room for the a/c unit and I cleaned out a huge area of the garage so the workman get access the attic crawl space and the circuit panel.

I know...........I, too, am blown away by the HUGE amount of fun I had today.

And let me not forget to tell you that little missy is teething and was a complete velcro baby today. While I feel for her, I was relieved to put her down to sleep tonight. This is the first time in hours my arms have not contained my incredibly unhappy daughter. How, you ask, was I able to chop up a bush and clean out the garage AND do seven loads of laundry with a velcro baby? The physical labor chores were done during her hour nap (I rocked it, if I do say so myself) and the laundry was done with a screaming child pulling on my pant leg. I didn't fold it until after she went to bed tonight. I just couldn't take the hysterics of her not being held. Poor little girl. :(

So there ya have it. My fun-filled Wednesday. Are you jealous? No? Ok - I have one more bit of news that might push that jealousy factor a wee bit further..........we planned a return trip to Disneyland. Oh yeah baby. We're going back! When? In SEVEN short weeks. Seven seems to be my lucky number today. :)

6 comments:

Caroline said...

I was glad to hear that it has cooled down for you guys. I can't imagine being in that kind of heat with no a/c. Glad you guys are getting the unit this week.

Casey said...

Cristin,
Because, unlike you, I do not have a basement in which to locate the washer and dryer so it is in the same area in which we live. The dryer, when running, creates heat which adds to an already incredibly hot house. Therefore, the dryer is NOT allowed to run when the inside temperature is already in the upper 80's.

Just call me weird. :)

Tracey,
Sorry about the teething....and sorry about Disney. We just couldn't help it. Sadly though, the fun of Disney is tempered with the fact that we arrive home Friday night and D starts back to school Monday night so....that sucks. :( Oh well....at least we'll be making some great memories to carry us through.

Caroline,
Thanks! Me too!

Gandksmom said...

I want to go! I am jealous! No vacation for us this summer...wah!

Casey said...

HOw did I know about your basement? Yes - I'm stalking you.....OR.....I pay attention to detail. :)

I'm going with the second option.

You once wrote a post about Travis falling down the stairs to the BASEMENT while you were down there doing LAUNDRY.

No one can accuse *me* of not paying attention. :)

momtothreeboys said...

Well, since 7 is your lucky # - I'll be comment #8 just to upset things a bit. Okay, it's 10:25pm and I just folded the 6th load for today! I hear ya! No, I'm no jealous but our w&d is also in our "living space" (our dining room actually) and so is the computer so it's so nice and warm here! It's now 83 degrees in our dining room. Sick!!

Sonya said...

YAY!!! I'm excited for you that you get to go to Disney again. I hope it is an awesome trip that bonds those family connections to carry you through one more semester.

I understand about the W/D.

How's the installation of the heat pump going?