Saturday, June 24, 2006

I LOVE Garage Sales!!!

I scored!



Check this out.....for less than $40 (I don't know exactly how much since we used some of the left over cash for lunch.....) I got:
17 shirts (16 for baby K, 1 for big K)
1 pair of super cute snowman jeans
1 pair of snowman overalls
2 shorts
1 Pooh book
1 Autumn table runner

13 of the items are brand spanking new from The Childrens Place, tags still attached. The shirts and shorts are various sizes - running from 18 months to size 7. I'm one of those wild and crazy people who buys ahead (bigger sized clothes) so that when the child in question moves into a bigger size all I have to do is walk out to the garage, pick the bin marked with the appropriate size and start filling drawers (I wash everything as it comes into the house so that the container is completely ready to go).

I love garage sale season. Love, love, love it!! I dropped $24 at once on the new items - The Childrens Place stuff was all marked $1 and $2 each so seriously, how could I not?? Sometimes it is frustrating, digging through stacks of stained clothes but the pay-off of finding that one item in perfect condition is such an incredible feeling. The finds today were amazing!

3 comments:

momtothreeboys said...

Aren't they fun??? We went today to our neighborhood/community garage sale where we scored with a new "Sit-n-Spin" for just $1. That's to go with the other one we have at home so both twins can spin at the same time. We also got Foster a "treasure chest", a plastic car, a basket of shells and for me - the "Supernanny" book for just $0.25 - a whole quarter!

Gandksmom said...

I so love garage sales although the last one I had, had tons of brand name stuff that people didn't want to pay for. So, I hired $100 for the lot. She probably made more than that, but she had to do all the selling, picture's etc. So, at the end of July my MIL's place she lives in is having a garage sale and I am going to sell the rest of the stuff for $5 a bag. And then I will go and buy all new clothes...well garage sale ones! Also, a friend of mine who has 2 girls older than mine brings down huge bins of the size's I need when I need them!

Sonya said...

It is great to score at garage sales. We aren't huge garage sale shoppers, but love it when we do go. Personally, I'm not very good at it. You are SO SO organized. Amazing!

Around here the ticket is to go on Thurs or Fri. By Saturday everything is really picked over.

Last week we scored HUGE on an outdoor playhouse, trike (for the neighbor), girl clothes, puzzles, toys, etc...