Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Anyone Going To Disneyland Soon?

We bought our little guy two really amazingly fun shirts while we were in Disneyland; both are 50th Anniversary shirts which means they are only available for a limited amount of time. One has Mickey Mouse and one has Goofy (the boy's all time favorite characters). I bought them in size extra small and they were plenty big on him (read: if they shrunk in the wash he'd still have shirts a bit on the big side) however.........................they really, really shrunk.

Instead of looking like size 5/6 they are measuring right around a 4T (and that's being generous). I'm soooo disappointed. I figured he'd be able to wear these happy reminders for at least a year, maybe two, depending on how fast he grows.

This is where you all come in.

I'm requesting help in locating and purchasing new shirts in size small.

So........
Is anyone going to Disneyland sometime in the next month?
Maybe you live near Disneyland or know of someone who lives nearby?
Maybe you know (or are) a cast member?
Maybe you are a whiz at locating things on the 'net (goodness knows I've been trying for the past two days)?

Short of booking a trip for one to go down for the day, I have no good idea on how to go about finding new shirts. Maybe someone out there does. Here are what the shirts look like:


My boy looking goofy in his Mickey Mouse shirt (taken this morning - he LOVES these shirts!)



The back of the shirts have this on them:



Fresh from the laundry (because he wore this one yesterday), the Goofy shirt.



I can even tell you were the shirts were purchased. The MM one came from the gift shop at Paradise Pier and the Goofy one came from Star Traders in Tomorrowland.

Can anyone help???????

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Casey can you try and call the store you bought them directly? When we were in WDW last year they were taking orders over the phone and shipping them out to people, I don't know if CA is the same as FL but it might be worth a try.
Kerry

One Boys Mom said...

I bet if you called and complained (politely) about the shrinking issue..they would let you mail them back and they would send a new size.

Sonya said...

My initial thought, like others, was to call the gift shops directly. I'd bet that they can help!

We had to do something similar from our vacation last year. We bought really cool shirts for the girls. Unfortunately they didn't hold up in the wash. I totally worked with the gift shop over the phone... I wasn't local and I wasn't travelling back anytime soon. They were cool about it. I worked with the manager and he took care of everything... they totally want you to be happy and come back!

Good luck!

Casey said...

Thanks, everyone. I tried to call the hotel directly and non-guests are not allowed to speak to store personnel. I was referred to a 1-800 number and am on hold with them now.

Wish me luck!