Sunday, February 26, 2012

Already There

Today has been a difficult day. No wait - that doesn't do it justice. Painfully difficult. So painful. The kind of day when you don't think you are going to make it to the other side...and then you decide that maybe that would be a blessing.

To comfort myself, I sought out some music. This is one that I have been playing over and over and over. If only we could peek at the end of our lives to see how it all turns out. Then maybe, just maybe, we could relax more in the here and now.


Already There
by Casting Crowns

From where I'm standing
Lord it's so hard for me to see
Where this is going
And where You're leading me
I wish I knew how
All my fears and all my questions
Are gonna play out
In a world I can't control

When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there


3 comments:

Mimi said...

hope all is well

Anonymous said...

I know you will sail through this surgery and be pain-free very soon. Hang in there. I know you can do it and then life will become more fun.
Love Lynn and Di

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey, Thanks for sharing this song. I especially needed to hear it tonight as a few family members are going through some health issues. It's so damn scary when the ones you love are in pain. I hope you are recovering at home and on your way to feeling better real soon. Take Care, Christina Holmes