Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Blessing of Friends

Another amazing friend came through for me in a BIG way today. When the guys were here to deliver and set up the new washer and dryer, I learned that my outlet was a 50amp and dryers are now required to be on 30amps. The plugs are a different shape and if I were just to change the plus itself, it would void the warranty. (Not that I know how to change the plug, mind you.)

After my sheer panic (and tears) subsided (thanks, Stephanie, for grounding me.), I asked a friend if she still had her handyman and if it was something he could do. She text'd back and said her guy had retired. I knew there was no way I could afford to have an electrician come out. The delivery guys assured me it was an easy fix but electricity and me? I'm not a big fan of messing around with it.

I sent a text to a friend of mine who I knew was very handy and asked if it was something she had the know-how to do. Of course it was, came the answer. I sent her a picture of what type of outlet I needed. No problem! After her work day ended, she stopped at Home Depot and picked up the outlet - as well as de-mosser for my roof because we had been talking earlier this week about how much I needed to do something about the moss on my roof.

She arrived. She saw. She did. She changed the plug-y thing, she completed the hook up of the dryer (which included another trip to the hardware store. Bless her buttons!). After that, she helped me get the Christmas decoration boxes into the attic, removed the snowflake from the house that I couldn't remove, and then climbed on the roof and spread the de-mosser stuff. She rocked!

I am in awe over the blessings I have had come my way this week. I have been so completely overwhelmed with my life these past few weeks and I was starting to see the water rising ever closer to my head, threatening to pull me under but this week? This week I have been showered with so much love that I *almost* don't know what to do with it all.

Monday the blessing of friends wanting to help my with a new washer and dryer.

Tuesday I had a medical test that was absolutely no fun and Stephanie was there every step of the way to hold my hand and get me through it. She took care of me for the entire day - which is exactly what I needed. And she will be there for more "no fun" parts in the coming weeks.

Today the blessing of another friend jumping to help - and then she went above and beyond what we talked about her doing.

Makes me wonder what tomorrow will bring.

I am very lucky. Very lucky indeed.

No comments: