Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cameras and Photographs

I have noticed that I rarely use my cameras anymore. Instead, I use my cellphone camera because it's easy one step loading to Facebook (which explains the amount of photos I post there) and I can email pictures to myself for easy loading up on this blog. My other cameras take better quality photos for printing but seriously? I can't remember the last time I printed pictures. (I suck like that. Sorry kids. Ti view photos of yourselves, you will need to look on the various external hard drives. *sigh*)

Lately though, I have been yearning to have a real camera in my hands again and take really amazing pictures. I love the zoom feature on handheld cameras because they zoom so much better than my phone. I have a couple small cameras (one is good but has issues from Kelton dropping it a few too many times and the other has a painfully slow recovery time) and then I have my Canon S315. I am in love with this camera. Or...at least I was.

It takes great photos (though not as good as a fancier camera but I'm ok with that) but a couple years ago I stopped using it because every time I zoomed (which is a lot. I am a big zoomer because it allows me to get close ups from a distance) the lens would extend out and then shut the camera off. Frustrating is an understatement.

I have wanted to get it fixed since it started doing it but....as is often the case, days turned into months which turned into years and there it sit...on my counter gathering dust.

It is decidedly much more daunting to try to figure out where to take it and how to afford the repair than it would be to say....oh I don't know...buy canon camera batteries. That would be a cakewalk for me. Not knowing how much the repair would cost holds me back. $50 or under I could swing but more than that? Not at this point.

To top that off, I don't even know where a good place to take it locally would be. The place I found looks umm.....fightening...when I drove by. I'm not sure I want to even walk in there. At least, not alone.

So here I sit. With a great camera I want to use, but can't. I really do need to do something about it. It's too sad not to.

No comments: