Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sleep?

Sleep? What's that?

After an amazing seven hours of sleep In. A. Row. Monday night, I logged in about three last night. I have no idea why.

I was sleepy at 10:15 when I said good night to Stephanie and hung up the phone. Then I laid there for a few minutes and decided that my brain just wasn't ready to shut off. The season finale of Parenthood was on (and recording to the DVR) so I flipped it on and watched it. At 11:15, I shut off the light and closed my eyes. I waited for sleep.

And waited.

And waited.

I opened my eyes. 12:30. Hmmmmmmm.

I heard a thud so I went in to the kids room to investigate. Poor little disoriented Kaylen was sitting on the floor next to her bed. I picked her up and put her back in bed. She was out cold before I could cover her up and kiss her head.

I went to the bathroom...and then back to my bed.

1:00.......1:30......WHY AM I STILL AWAKE????.....2:30...Oops. I think I fell asleep for half an hour....3:10........ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? In toddles Kaylen to snuggle with me.

The next thing I heard was Jordan getting up. It was 5:30. I got up and let him out. Twice. Because, you know, he couldn't possibly pee *and* poop in the same trip outside.

I told him to go back to bed. Yeah. Not. I got up at 6 and fed him. I poured of a cup of coffee and surrendered to the day ahead.

Eh. Sleep is for sissies anyway.

(It's early release day. Think the kids will let me sneak in a nap this afternoon? Yeah. I didn't think so either. *sigh*)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Now I know why I still have the rail on J's bed. I hate being woken up. ;)