Thursday, June 03, 2010

HeeeHaw!

This weekend the kids and I are traveling up north to hang out with my family. One of the activities planned is horseback riding for the kids. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am.....oh wait. That would be because I'm not a fan of horses. They kind of scare me. (Long story but when I was a kid I was chased by a horse and I ended up giving myself a nice big puncture wound on the top of my head and I scurried out from under a barbed wire fence.)

My daughter, however, seems to be horse-crazed so she is way excited for the weekend adventure. She has her "costume" (overalls, boots and hat) ready to go. I'm sure she will be full of horse-related questions all weekend; When do we go? How long do I get to ride? What's a horse tack? It ought to be entertaining.

I'm curious as to how Kelton will do. It's anyones guess. I think we will be good to go if I can get him across the rope bridge that leads from the parking lot to the horse stables. I have my serious doubts he will go across willingly. he is definitely a little child from the last time (2 years ago) we went to see the horses.

Time will tell.

No comments: