Monday, November 14, 2011

Falling Leaves

The leaves are falling like crazy. Need proof? Ok - but it will come in the form of written proof. I'm just too lazy to go make a movie, upload it, find a host for it and then post it. :)

I present Exhibit A:
Friday the kids and I spent an hour raking up the leaves in the front yard and putting the piles into yard waste bags. From there, we loaded the bags into the car and drove down the street to empty the bags into the huge container which the city provides one weekend a year for leaf collection (I live in a VERY leafy neighborhood). Yes, the kids jumped in the massive amount of leaves in the container until I told them we had to leave. (HA! Leave...leaves...leaf....funny! I think I'm starting to lose it. *grin*)

Then, we went home. I put the rakes away and folded up the bags and put them away for the next time. It was starting to sprinkle. I closed up the garage, went into the house and folded a load of laundry.

The next time I looked out the window I saw that the rain, and leaves, were falling hard and the yard was *covered* in brightly colored leaves. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

I mentioned the wind to the kids and they stood up to look out the window. Kelton looked at me with a defeated look on his face and said "Why did we even bother to do all that work?"

I have no clue, buddy. None.

*sigh*

I love fall, I love fall, I love fall.

Just trying to remind myself. :)

No comments: