Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Minutes of Good Wholesome Values

Kelton has discovered (or should I say re-discovered it. He watched it a couple years ago, too.) "Full House". You know, the series from...umm..what? The late 80's and early 90's? Oh wait. I have Google. I can check. Just a sec.....


1987-1995


Anyhoo.......Kelton was watching it and I was listening to it from the kitchen this morning while I made breakfast for the children. The theme music slowly started to play which, as we all know, signals the story wrap-up and the lessons therein. I felt wistful....longing for the days when I believed, or simply knew no better, that all the worlds problems could be fixed in 30 short minutes (minus commericals....so really what? 20 minutes?).

The cynic I've become rolled my eyes and thought "Yeah. Like it's that easy." but then, within almost the same heartbeat, I thought "I'm glad the kids are watching wholesome shows with good morals and values."

I wish they would bring back some of the other shows from my growing up years and put them in the channels the kids are watching (and not in the middle of the night). Growing Pains, Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Facts of Life, etc. A good, healthy dose of morals and values instead of the crap they call "kid friendly TV" now.

Rock on, Joey and Uncle Jesse, rock on!

Now I just want a way to solve all my problems in 30 minutes. :)

1 comment:

Lielanie said...

I love it! I know those were the days when life was simple-er.. Now it's all smart phones and sponge bob.. :(