Monday, October 31, 2011

And That's a Wrap.

Halloween 2011 is officially over and done. The door is locked, the light is off and, most importantly, the children are sound asleep.

It was a good night - which it always is (and yet, that doesn't make me like Halloween any more than I already don't). This year, I had Harry Potter and a Mermaid with me and they had a great time!




First off, we drove over to see their grandma who ooohhhed and aaahhhhhed appropriately over them. From there, we drove back to our neighborhood...kinda. Two blocks down and one over...because our block never has lights on and the one we went to is full of school friends and, most importantly, poch lights that are on. Sure enough, within 4 houses, we hooked up with a classmate of Kelton and the three kids became a "pack". They had a great time and laughed and laughed as they went from house to house. I had a good time talking with the mom, whom I know, and waving at other parents I know from the school.


The evening was quite chilly and while the kids didn't think twice about not wearing a coat, I was bundled up. Thanks to the titanium rod in my spine, I get VERY cold, VERY quickly. By the time we were done, I was frozen through and through and wishing for some new fangled new back surgery or something that would make my back more "user friendly". A pipe dream to be sure but a nice dream none the less.

Within an hour, we were back home and the kids were sorting through their goodies.


Both are thrilled.

I will have to say, though, that the best time for all of us came after we arrived home. We were back in plenty of time to answer the door for tons of kids. Kelton and Kaylen had so much fun handing out candy and Kaylen has decided that next year she would like to stay out only 30 minutes and spend the rest of the evening handing out candy. Kelton? Well - he wants to spend even MORE time going door to door. :)

Next up: November. Ready or not....here we go.

No comments: