Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Sadly though, it wasn't the end of the tunnel...it was a train heading smack dab for me. I have the virus that Kaylen had (she is better...down to only throwing up once or twice in the middle of the night). It hit me hard around 12:30 last night and I am finally feeling like I can eat a few Saltine crackers. Ugh.

Thank goodness today was Sunday and therefore, family day. Dakota has really stepped up and took over. She even managed to get the grocery shopping done as well as do various fun activities for the kids. There hasn't been many meltdowns at all. Maybe SHE should be the stay at home mom. The kids appear to have had a great day. I'm glad they had fun....and happier still that she took them out of the house here and there so I could get some real sleep in.

Sleep. Yes. I need more.

Hopefully this will end quicker for me than it did for Kaylen. I know I cna't handle being this sick for even one more day.

4 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Yuk, sorry it's hit you so hard. Guess that means flu/stomach virus season is finally here :(

Anonymous said...

No, no, no, no! You did not deserve the flu. I guess your body was worn down with lack of sleep while taking care of Kaylen. I hope you get over it soon and no one else in the family gets sick! I'm so sorry!!!

Jen said...

I think its a mommy thing. Rob can get barfed on a 100 times and no flu. I get barfed on once and bam I'm down. I agree its the lack of sleep that probably got you. I hope you feel better soon. :-)

Dakota said...

I should NOT be the stay-at-home parent. Uh-uh, no way! I was lucky to have a good day, and can pull it off when I have to, but keeping up that level of energy and patience all the time? I am THRILLED that you are the SAHM, honey! We love you and are so happy you are feeling better!
-D and the Kids