Monday, December 04, 2006

Back in the Land of the Living

Ahhhhh! It feels SO good!! I woke up this morning feeling about 95% normal - thank goodness. It seems to have run its course in about 24 hours and I have to say, it was a very rough 24 hours. Ugh-a-roni!

Kaylen woke up even happier than yesterday so I'm betting she is back to her ol' self too and as an added bonus, there was no throwing up all night long. Could it be that we have finally made it out of this particular hell-hole? I pray it is so.

The kids were so good for Dakota yesterday. Today they are back to their normal "getting into everything and fighting over everything" selves and for once, I'm not at all frustrated by it. It's nice to feel healthy and it's great that my kids are feeling that way, too. Nothing like being sick to bring a little perspective.

On a side note, the kids favorite evening activity this weekend has been to go look at the Christmas lights all over the neighborhood. It's so much fun to hear them squeal in delight. I wasn't going to go last night since I wasn't feeling great but Kaylen was throwing a fit about my not going and then about maybe being left at home with me. It wasn't worth the struggle for a 15 minute venture. So - I tossed on a jacket and prayed there would be no reason for any other person to see me. I'm glad I went. At one house that was done up beyond all reason, I heard Kaylen's little voice say "Kel-can! Pretty!" (that's how she says Kelton). It's just so much fun to see the holiday season through their eyes.

I have some fun Santa pictures to post a little later. I started a post Saturday but never finished it. I hope to do that later today.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better! If you had to get sick, you at least picked the right day to do it. I'm sure having Dakota home and watching the kids was a life saver yesterday.

I can't wait to see the Santa pictures!

Sonya said...

I'm so sorry you were under the weather too, but glad to hear that you are recovering well.

Laura said...

That's great everyone is healthy again. Don't children really put things into perspective, too? The kids sound adorable.