Monday, July 31, 2006

New Pictures

I took the kids to The Picture People today to take advantage of a free 8x10 offer. As is our usual M.O., my friend, Brenda, and her two kidlets met us there to do the same. On the way, K said he would really, really, really like a picture of him with his "best buddy", Carson. Since Brenda is leaving me and moving to California in 6 weeks, I thought K's idea was a good one. That way, as K put it, he can "always remember".

They were both less than cooperative when it came to holding their poses but at least we got one that K likes. :)

The second one is of my mighty two. Again, less than cooperative and I have definitely decided that red is *not* the best color choice for the little princess. And...if you look closely, you will see the K is battered and bruised from his many injuries over the past couple of weeks. The mark by his eye used to be a full-on black eye that he received by falling from a couch and slamming face first into a metal coffee table when we went to the beach. His feet took a beating from his water shoes which left amazingly large blisters after we walked to the from the beach and played in the water. The rest of the bruises...jsut regular wear and tear for a 4 year old boy. I had thought about photoshopping them out but since this is the way he is right now, why not remember it? :) I may change my mind later and hit the photoshop program but for now - there he is, in all his bruised glory.

Baby K isn't all that less bruised. It's just the her dress hides the many bruises on her legs. I swear it looks like these kids get beat with a stick but hand to God, they do not!

And now - the pictures:




7 comments:

momtothreeboys said...

Awwww, you know what? I don't even notice the bruises anymore. I think they are adorable!

Sonya said...

Great pics!

Dakota said...

Nice update. See, I found it!
*grin*
Love,
D

Laura said...

Fabulous pictures!!!! And I love K in that dress. And big K is gorgeous, bruises and all.

Caroline said...

What cute pictures. I LOVE their matching shirt/dress. But just fair warning: I will be watching for more bruises. :):):):):) We all know that you love your kids more then anything and all kids have bruises now and then.

Estelle said...

They're so cute! And getting so BIG!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh they are CUTE!!!! (Brenda don't go!!! :()