Friday, February 03, 2006

It's been one of those days........

...and it's only 11:30 in the morning. We have done 15 trillion activities but nothing for more than 5 minutes at a time. Let me tell you - that's a LOT of cleaning up and putting away.

I'm frustrated. I'm tired. I'm lonely (which is odd since I don't have 10 seconds to myself). I'm tired of hearing "MAMA!" screamed at me. I'm tired of hearing "I want a snack!" "MAAAAAMAAAAAA....you HAVE to!" "MAAAMAAAAAA....Come HERE!"

I'm tired of saying "Come here if you want to speak with me." "You just ate breakfast/lunch. You can have a snack in a couple hours." "Actually, I don't HAVE to do anything. I'm the parent."

And I'm so over the whining today. The fussing. The tears.

Have I mentioned lately that I haven't had a child-free moment to myself in weeks and weeks? Good thing nap time is coming.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

This is what drives me over the edge. I think this is why I can't be the one to be home with them. I'm sure this is why Carie looks totally spent when I walk in the door. I can tell what kind of day it was without even asking.

The constant demands/requests kill me... even moreso when you haven't had a chance to fulfill one request before they are onto request number 2, 3, 4 & 5. Then if the whining isn't there with request number 1, it most certainly is by request number 2.

Oh, and I'm sure you are also experiencing the addition of baby chatter. While I do love it, in those moments it only adds to the noise level.

Pardon me... I only have 2 f***ing hands and my ears are on overload.

So sorry it is that kind of day for you!

em1__mak2 said...

I finally gave up on holding back from saying "I don't care what you want/don't want."

I've said it A LOT this week and I'm not proud of that.

Trying to hold onto my patience by an increasingly thinner thread.

My thoughts are with you.