Friday, February 10, 2006



Happy Birthday, my little angel!

How in the world has it been an entire year since you arrived in our lives? I don't think I've ever experienced twelve months flying by this quickly. In my eyes, you are still such a little thing - maybe 6 months old - you can't possible be a year.

The day you were born is a day I will never forget. The excitement, anticipation, fear and then suddenly you entered the world. You weren't so keen on breathing and you ended up giving us a good scare for a couple days but in the end, you found that you enjoyed using your lungs...and you continued to do so quite loudly for the next 10 weeks. Someone once said that some babies don't enjoy their newborn phase and I'm partial to believing that with you. Once you were finally able to do more, like roll over and hold your head up, you were a completely different child.

Your smiles and laughter fill every day now and I can't imagine my life without you. I watched you toddle around the house today and was blown away by all that you are becoming and all that you are. I think I love you so much that I can't possible love you more and then....the sun rises in the morning and I find my love for you has grown. Every day it's like that and I honestly don't know how it happens.

You are a true miracle and I am so thankful and so blessed that you are in my life. Happy First Birthday, little one. May your future be as bright as your eyes and full of laughter and love.

All my love forever.
Mommy

10 comments:

Mommy said...

happy birthday baby girl! wow i can't beleive you are one! where the heck does time go?
Whoa.
Happy Birthday Day Mommy!
Hugs,
rae

Anonymous said...

OHHH Casey!!!

Happy Birthday to your radiant little girl!

We love you!!!

Shawna, Gareth, Owen, and Reecey

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday big girl! I hope you enjoy this special day!

Sonya said...

Happy Birthday Princess!!

Robyn said...

wow...that surely was one fast year! it blew by so darn quickly!

wishing your sweet baby girl the happiest of wishes on her first birthday.

em1__mak2 said...

Wow - A whole year of Kaylen! Happy, happy to the birthday girl and her family.

One Boys Mom said...

Happy Birthday Kaylen!!! Casey, you should be really proud of yourself, you've survived a tough year and raised an amazing, sweet little girl! (then there is the whole cute thing :)

Casey said...

Thank you everyone! Your birthday greetings have made my day. :)

Margaret said...

she is so cute!

peace...

Laura said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kaylen!!!!!!! :)