Saturday, February 25, 2006

The green eyed monster has me in its grip.

A bunch of my friends left their kiddos in the care of the other parent and took off for a long weekend at the beach. Long days of chatting, walking on the beach, drinking, laughing and shirking all their responsibilities. Nights of blissful sleep. Hours of uninterrupted snoozing.

Nope - I'm not just politely envious. I am all out jealous.

I could have gone. Well - in my dreams. We had planned a trip to see my family this weekend to celebrate Kaylen's birthday but my brother-in-law came down with the flu and since we stay with them, we decided it was in our best interest to reschedule the trip. But still - Dakota needed to study so there was still no way I could escape.

I hope they are all having fun.....but I'm still finding comfort in knowing that they will all be on their way back home in 14 hours. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it was a crappy weekend and it should have been more fun! *hugs*