Monday, December 17, 2012

Misc Rambling

All the stocking stuffers have been purchased and wrapped.  I don't know about you, but I find the stockings kind of daunting....and expensive.  I tend to go for bathroom items....toothbrushes, tooth paste, deodorant, shower soaps, etc.  and then add in a couple small toys (trading cards, etc) and then toss in candy.  And yet - because bathroom items are so costly - I end up spending way too much.  The thing is though, I'd have to buy all this stuff anyway.  I'm just pre-buying and stocking up.

Kelton is too old to have bath foam and bath crayons but, thankfully, too young to need to worry about things like razors and shaving brushes.  Kaylen is too old for Dora bubble bath and just right for the kid make up kits. 

I found myself feeling sad as I passed things that would have been perfect for them in years gone by.  Of course, I have been feeling overwhelmingly sad and missing the small kids that they used to be.  Oh how I love them as they are right now but some times my heart aches for their tiny little selves.  I long to hear their baby voices and laughter.

Days were simple back then.  My entire existence revolved around them and their needs and their routines.  Simple.

I want that back.  And yet - you can't go home again.

Oh how I know that one too well.

No comments: