Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wheeeeeeeeeee! Or...is that Wii?

Dakota received a sum of money from her mom and step-dad for graduation and I had thought that she would want to put it towards a new laptop since the one she used for school bite the big one back in April (she's been using mine since then). I knew she had her eye on a fancy teeny tiny NetBook and given our budget, using graduation money would be the only way that would happen at this point.

So imagine my surprise when she announces that she thinks we should buy a Wii as a family gift. It didn't take long to spend her gift money; the system, an extra control and a couple games later we were on our way home.

Oh the fun that has ensued since then! I think I have Wii arm. Ouch. Now it may not be as much fun to some as say New York Yankees tickets but Kelton and I played baseball in Wii Sport last night and had a great time! He won but I guess that isn't surprising since he continued to pitch to my team while I answered a phone call from Dakota. :)

Big fun to be had around here these days. Thanks, Dakota! :)

3 comments:

Audra said...

how cool!!!! I love ours!

Stella said...

Wii love our Wii! A couple of missteps: I nearly took out a lamp playing tennis early on, and I smacked Abby in the face while I was bowling.

Melanie said...

Ooooh, FUN! I've been wanting one too... :)