Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Having Trouble Getting Back

Oy. I feel bad for taking so long to finish sharing our vacation but I do have some reasons: the first being that Dakota is home in the evenings this week and well - I'd much rather spend time with her. :) The second is I spent Monday afternoon until last night being sick. Really sick. No fun sick. Feeling like a 7 year old who wants her mommy to swoop in and take care of her.

I survived and today I am feeling human again which is a pretty darn amazing feeling. :)

Kaylen and I have spent this morning running errands and then doing some things around the house. Later it's Well Child Visit appointment for both kids and blogging? Well...not all that likely.

Saturday is the big graduation; one ceremony for Dakota and another for the kids. Then a law school reception. Sunday my sister and her branch of my family are coming to town to attend a graduation party. Monday we have a day together as a family and then - BOOM! Just like that we're back in the thick of it.

Tuesday marks the first day of Bar Review. Six weeks of intense classes and studying (so intense she is cutting back work for half-time) and then two weeks of cramming on her own. The bar is the last week of July.

By August we will once again be together as a family for evenings and weekends. And none of us can wait! I have to say, the warm days make me a little sad - over the past 4 years I've always known I had the warm/hot evenings and weekends of summer to have my family together for summer fun. I'm going to miss having the same this year but I am trying hard to stay focused on the end of July - it will be done. Over and done. And we will have survived it all. Together.

So....while I'm not asking you to take out travel insurance, I am asking for your patience for just a while longer. I'm sure I will have many, many hours in the next weeks evenings where I can finish telling you all about our trip. :)

No comments: