Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Fall

It's fall....and not much says that more than the leaves, in all sorts of colors, falling from the trees.  Today, on the way home from the pumpkin patch (see below for pictures), we drove down a street and the leaves falling resembled falling snow.  Very pretty. 

Living in the country, I am surrounded by everygreen trees and not many leafy trees.  I love evergreens but this time of years has me wishing for leaves in the yard.  Though honestly?  I'm loving the thought of not having to rake.  :)  So - as with everything, you take the good with the not so good.

Anyway.......autumn is my favorite time of the year.  The colors, the scents, the cool, crisp air, and yes....even the rain.

I have all my fall decorations, as well as the halloween decorations, up in the house.  What I don't have, however, are special fall curtains. Until recently, I never even considered it.  Did you know you can find  burlap curtains for sale?  I know!  Me either. But there you have it.

I have only ever thought of burlap as something you use for sack races.  Bags that potatoes used to come in when I was a child.  I never thought of using it as fiber for use in your home.  But I think it's great!  I mean, why not, right? 

Fall. Such a great time of the year.  So many possibilities.  I love thinking of huddling down and doing inside things.  I'm even itching to download some digital scrap book kits and get back to scrapping. 

I better hurry though......Christmas is coming fast which means I only have a couple weeks to really enjoy the fall.

No comments: