Friday, September 28, 2012

All Up In My Grill

Who is all up in my grill?  My sister.  For two days running now I have gotten emails and phone calls saying "Your blog is boring."  "You could blog about getting stung by a bee, ya know."  "When are you going to blog?"

Ok ok ok.  I get it.  What can I say?  I've been busy....and...most importantly....happily living life.  When I get all happy, there isn't much need for blogging and getting all my thoughts out.  Besides, if I did blog about all the ridiculously happy things, you all would start complaining that I'm pooping rainbows and unicorns.  I can't win, can I?  :)

So what's new.......we have two new kittens.  They have yet to be named because we have yet to get to spend much time with them.  They huddle together, sleep the day away, play all night, and hang out with Zip (the 2 year old cat) as they all try to avoid coming into contact with Cody and Maddie, the dogs.  They have been with us two weeks today.  As anti-social as they are, they have come a long, long way.  If we catch them, we can hold them.  Last night they let us pet them for a few minutes and one even snuggled with Kelton for a brief moment in time.  They were from a wild litter, so really?  We are making progress.  Slow but steady.

Yesterday I got stung by a bee.  Three times.  That was fun.  Not.  I am still achy and sore but doing ok.

Life with Stephanie is going amazingly well.  I'm happy, she's happy, the kids are happy......so life is good there.  :)

I ruined a small section of the new floor which now needs to be replaced.  Let's say dropping a bottle of carpet cleaner solution and not noticing the lid broke off of it isn't a good thing.  It was only about 4 minutes of time but it was long enough to ruin about 4 boards.  Stephanie, upon seeing my panic, assured me it was no big deal and she would fix it...and would, in fact, replace the entire house full of floors for me if she needed to.  *swoon*  She loves me, what can I say?  All I could think of was "All those hours and hours of hard work she put in laying the flooring!  Not even 6 weeks later, I go and wreck a patch.  *sigh*

Life happens, though, right?

Let's see...what else...what else?

Kids are doing well in school.  Kelton seems to be happier at the new school then he was at the old one.  Kaylen misses her old friends (especially Ella) and familiar teachers but is doing ok.  She hates the bus so I am peppering the week with running out to pick them up (I already take them every morning) while still having them ride the bus home some days.  The school counselor will be working with Kaylen to introduce her to come of the girls who ride her bus (no one from her class rides her bus) so she won't feel quite so lost on the 40 minute ride home.

Kelton and Kaylen have settled into the new house and we have found routines that work (for the most part). 

Other than that - I really don't think I have much to write about.  Weekends are filled with home projects, soccer games, and some much needed down time.  Life is busy and crazy and good.

(Lannon:  Does this win my any points?  I blogged just for you! *grin*)

1 comment:

-L said...

Ah, there you go. That wasn't so hard was it? And is "all up in my grill" some sort of special lingo that I am unaware of?