Saturday, March 19, 2016

Movie Day!

We had a special outing today.  A very sweet friend of mine gifted us with a trip to the movies a little while ago and I have been waiting to use it.  Today, we went to see the movie Zootopia.  We had so much fun!  I haven't been to a movie in years (yes....you read that right.  Years.) so it was a little bit like walking into fantasy land.  It was the theater by our old house which brought back a lot of good memories.

And then....as if that wasn't enough fun, as we were walking in I heard "Casey! Casey!"  Another one of my sweet friend (Erin) was there with her girls.  There is nothing like a hug from a good friend.  :). We stood and talked until we were forced to take our seats for the previews.  So much fun!!!!  

After the movie, we stopped by 7-11 because they are running a promotion this weekend where if you bring in a container (no bigger than 10 inches in diameter) you can fill it up with a slurpee for $1.50.  Before we left the house, the kids scrambled to find containers big enough (and of course they couldn't finish their slurpees but whatever - they had a blast!).

All in all, it was a really good day. Minus the sensory meltdown Kaylen had at the beginning of the movie.  She started flipping out and I couldn't figure out why.  She curled up against me and cried, begging to go home. I finally remembered her sensory issues when it comes to a place with a lot of loud noise, a lot of people and too much stimulus.  I reminded her what was probably going on and that seemed to calm her down a lot.  It took almost all the preview time for her to settle down but then she was good.  It's odd when sensory issue things pop up when I had all but forgotten that a particular thing was ever an issue.  We really have made progress over the years.  :)

(I want to give a HUGE hug and thank you to my friend who was kind enough to send us to a movie.  Thank you thank you thank you!!  It will make an awesome memory for us.  ❤️)

What a great day.

No comments: