Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tornado Kelton

Don't you just hate when you go to someones house with your kids and they break something? I remember the first time it happened; Kelton wasn't yet two and he managed to knock over a ceramic planter and it shattered. GULP!

I offered to buy a new planter for them but they refused my offer saying it was really ok. To this day I still feel a twinge of guilt that my child broke something of someone elses.

Then there was the time that he dropped a glass paperweight through the glass topped coffee table at Dakota's mom's house. I didn't feel the same level of guilt because I wasn't the one who was watching him but still - I felt bad it happened. We replaced the glass top.

And then today....Kelton was trying to bring a toy down from the toy room at the same friends house as breakage #1 when it slipped from his hands and tumbled, loudly, down the entire flight of stairs. I was in shock as I watched the toy cash register hit the floor and I was definitely wishing I was anywhere, like one of the North Padre Island rentals that I've heard about. Anywhere, really. Anywhere but standing there feeling awful that my child might have just broken another child's treasured toy.

Thankfully it all worked out and after examination the toy somehow managed to survive. I'd be really ok if he would stop breaking things that belong to other people. :)

1 comment:

Froggymama said...

How about this? Everytime Froggy goes to someone else's house, she finds a crayon or marker and writes all over their walls? Fun fun! Talk about embarrassing. And you should see our walls, and dressers, and floors, and oven. Yes, she even wrote on the oven. Now when she does it, she automatically walks over to her time-out seat and takes pleasure in her punishment. :)