Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

Did everyone have a good St. Patrick's Day? I worked in Kelton's classroom this morning and I was amused to see kids and adults alike walking around in green wigs, silly hats and funny t-shirts. The kindergarten room was awash in green and you could tell the kids knew it was a special day. The excitement level in there was amazing.

Sparky the Leprechaun had made a visit to the room over the weekend and not only did he mess up the entire room but he left wrapped pieces of gold (Hersey Kisses) all over the room. The kids had to go about straightening up the room as they looked for their treasures. It was chaos but so much fun to watch. Later in the morning they made "Irish Sundaes" which were baked potatoes with all the fixings. Needless to say, they all had a great time and I think this is a day that Kelton won't soon forget.

I hope you all found some magic of your own today.

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Wow it sounds like you had a REALLY neat time in Kelton's class! Great ideas there.

Monogram Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri said...

That sounded like so much fun ... makes me wish I was still in Kindergarten.