Monday, March 03, 2008

Rambling on a Monday Night

Wow. What is there to talk about now that the siding is done? :) Thanks to everyone for your comments - Dakota and I really had a good time reading them all and I love that you all really like the transformation. It's wild what new siding can do (or paint, for that matter) - it changes everything!

Every time we arrive at the house from an outing, I will say something like "Oops. This isn't our house. Where is *our* house?" to which the kids will respond "This *is* our house, Mom, remember??" and we will all laugh. The first couple times Kaylen took me very seriously and said "Mom, you have to get your mind to think about it. The guys put new siding on our house, 'member?" I do believe that was her way of saying I needed to get it through my thick skull. :) That girl cracks me up!

And, as you know from a previous posting, changes seem to to bring about more changes. Nothing gigantic or anything but we did purchase a new entertainment center for the living room. Our old one was almost 12 years old and was definitely showing its age - and let's just say I think cabinets age faster than dogs. I've been searching for something that would work (it had to have doors that could be closed because I am not a fan of the TV being the focal point in a living room) for years now (wouldn't you know it - doors on entertainement centers are no longer the "thing") and a couple months back I found one at Target. I wasn't 100% convinced but this weekend it went on sale - which helped convince us to make the jump. It's not my dream cabinet but it works.....mostly. Dakota worked like crazy (with some assistance from me) yesterday and put it together and I've been working on getting it all set up. Finding new homes for everything from our old cabinet is challenging. And I have to say, our 19 inch TV looked fine in the old cabinet but in this one it looks oh so tiny! No matter - it works fine. :)


(we only have the large center piece but this is the only photo available of it open)


Hmm..what else? I could (but won't) bore you with stories of how my back and nerves (thanks for the Syrinx) have been bugging the crud out of me today. Today has been a carbon copy of the really bad day back in January. Well no - I take the back. It's a fun combo of the night that first sent me to the ER as well as the day that sent me to the ER that resulted in the first MRI. The numbness, weak muscles (they feel weak but they still do their job - thank God!) and tingling are driving me wild. Typing with tingling fingers is interesting, that's for sure. :)

I guess that's about it. I'm going to make the rounds of a few blogs and then I'm heading for the couch to watch "The Secret Life of Soccer a Mom" I admit I'm incredibly intrigued. But then, don't go by me. I also enjoy watching "Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant" and well as "My Fair Brady". Oh! And let's not forget "Jon and Kate Plus 8" Guilty pleasures - but Dakota and I love them! :) I'm not sure what that says about us...well, ok...I do know why we watch Jon and Kate...mostly it's to feel better about our own crazy life! Maybe that's why we watch all of them. LOL! :)

7 comments:

Melanie said...

You are so hilarious Casey - I watch Jon & Kate to make MYSELF feel better too! Ha!

And I LOVE the cabinet - it's really beautiful. Congrats!

Mimi said...

Well I will tell you I watch Jon & Kate also but I think she is kind of a Bitch....however I CAN'T stop watching it.....I'll sit there and yell at her when she treats her husband like an idiot….but isn’t that funny that I STILL have to watch it…..oh well better her life than mine……LOVE your new cabinet…….

SassyFemme said...

Beautiful entertainment center! Kudos to Dakota and you for putting it together. I swear any couple who can survive putting together furniture can survive anything!

Brenda said...

I love your cabinet. I really do.

Scott Baio? Seriously? Gee, and you tease me about my reality shows!!!! :o)

Sheri said...

OK, you know I'm not the reality show kid ... but, I HAD to follow the link to see what the Scott Baio show was about. I'm so blonde sometimes ... I had to watch the video clip to figure out it was a reality show and not just a sitcom (from the pic/ad it's hard to tell).

LOVE the cabinet! Can't wait to see how it looks in person.

Jen said...

I like your new tv cabinet! We bought one I LOVED from Value City in 2004. Doors that lock and everything! LOVED IT! Until my dastardly boys broke one of the doors off.

Grrr. Now it is an open cabinet with the tv as the focal point of the room. I held onto the doors though, in hopes that one day someone will be willing to drill new holes and put on new hinges, and restore my cheapo tv cabinet to its former glory!

Monogram Queen said...

We need a new entertainment center too.