Saturday, March 01, 2008

Before, After and Everywhere Inbetween

It's done!

The Front:

Before:



After:




The Back:

Before:




After:




It's been a long week but it's done and it looks great!! They came by early this morning (Saturday) to haul away all the trash (which included quite a bit of rotted/rotting wood siding) and to do the official walk around and sign off. After handing over the check, it's clear we won't be going on any luxury vacations for a long, long while but at least we have a safe and sturdy home in which to live. I guess, in the end, vacations only last a week (or maybe a few weeks) but a home is something you have year after year. Money well spent, I'd say. :)

The house must really look stunning - people have been slowing down to check it out all morning long. I have to say, it's a nice feeling. One neighbor, out for her daily walk, stopped and said "Did you paint? Your house looks so much more rich but I just can't figure out why."

When the rain started falling late yesterday afternoon I was able to just sit back and enjoy it - no more worries about rotting wood! YAY!!!!!

20 comments:

Mimi said...

BEAUTIFUL..... I agree with you I am not a big vacation person...I would reather do something to show for my money then just lay on the beach.....I know I am old....thats just my thought....

Audra said...

wow. what a difference!!! It looks so pretty! I love that color too! So refreshing!

Brenda said...

AMAZING. It looks like a brand new house! I LOVE the color!

Sheri said...

I'm so happy you get to sit back and "enjoy" your beautiful new home and all the normal peace & quiet! :-)

And, I noticed you got your new numbers up, too. The house looks great!

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh....it is BEAUTIFUL. I agree with Brenda...it's looks like a brand new house.

Lynilu said...

It looks wonderful! And I really love the color, soft and elegant. Beautiful home!

Melanie said...

LOVE the color - what a wonderful feeling! And it really compliments that cool twisty tree in the front of the house!

PT-LawMom said...

Stunning! What an amazing difference that made!! I think you guys picked a really great color.

Froggymama said...

Looks great. And I love the color!

Perrin said...

It does look great. Good choice onthe color/

Shannon said...

It looks GREAT! It really made a difference.

Anonymous said...

Love it. Great color!

Heidi

SJayneI said...

Very nice! Congratulations!

amy4 said...

Wow, your house looks great! I love the color as well. We had vinyl siding on our last house, and it was great! It was easy to clean, and so nice not to have to worry about painting.

Monogram Queen said...

So glad it is done and it looks GREAT!

SassyFemme said...

That looks amazing!

Jen said...

Wow! It's looks awesome! When I saw the top "before" picture I was nervous to scroll down, because I thought it was awfully cute to begin with, but the new look is so much more cozy! And it makes your landscaping really pop. Nice pick! I think that investment will be paying off whenever you choose to move on (if ever!).

Keri said...

I agree with everyone else here. The house looks beautiful! Great choice of color!

Stacey said...

The siding looks amazing!!! It's very beautiful and I'm with your neighbour--it makes your house look more rich. Great choice in colour. :)

Mieke said...

It looks great. Makes the house look as cozy on the outside as I know it is on the inside.