Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring


As I write this the rain is coming down in sheets and the wind is blowing so hard I can hear it from inside the house. So this is spring. Yeah - it really doesn't conjure up thoughts of green grass, warm days and flowers in full bloom. At least, not yet.

The thing I love about spring is that it holds the promise of days when I no longer need to wear my wool coat (or should wear it - like my kids, I am not a fan of the coat). Spring - warm days and cool nights and before the blazing hot days and way too hot nights set in. Yep - it is definitely one of my favorite times of the year (autumn being the other).

Spring. Even the name sounds fun...light and bouncy.

I'm tired, can you tell? Since I started this post I remembered I needed to return a call to my sister (who is buying a house and is pretty stressed out over getting all the pieces to line up) so now it's 45 minutes later and all thoughts of what I was going to write about have vacated my mind. I'm sure it was something profound and deep though because, you know - I'm profound and deep like that.

Stop laughing. I can be. Really. But I digress......

Anyway - the bottom line of this post is this:

Happy Spring!

Simple. Clear. Concise. :) And now I'm going to bed. Good night. :)

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Yah, yah, Happy Spring!

So, how come my fingers and nose are "ice cold" right now???

Maybe I can snuggle with the Easter Bunny on Sunday to try and get warm.

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Spring to you too sweetie! Stacy is itching to get to planting but we got a frost this morning so...
Happy Easter to you and your wonderful family!

Lynilu said...

LOL!! Happy spring to you, too, Casey! Remember that the rain will make better flowers! Keep saying it!!!

PT-LawMom said...

Hope the rain eases up, both literally and figuratively, in your life. Happy Easter.