Sunday, March 04, 2007

What a Weekend!

I don't have much time tonight to go into all the details of the weekend so I'll just bullet point things and then elaborate on it tomorrow. (This of course is more for me since I am very likely to forget to talk about things if I don't write them done. Mommy-brain: isn't just a myth. :)

Friday I took the kids to a new play place. It was SO much fun! I took some pictures so I'll have to upload them so I can share a few.

Saturday Kaylen and I ran some errands while Dakota and Kelton stayed home and cleaned the carpets (check off on the To Do list!). Kaylen and I made a post office run to ship a birthday gift (check from the list) and we even went and picked up two other birthday gifts (check and check) and then today I shipped the final one that needed shipping from last weeks To Do list (check!).

We went to our great-niece's 2nd birthday party.

Today we played in the yard and then ran a few quick errands. We settled on a birthday theme for Kelton's 5th birthday and picked up a few party-type things and a decoration for the cake. I also work on, and completed, his party invitation. (YAY ME!) I even uploaded it and got it sent to the printers for printing. (Are you impressed?) Here's what it looks like:


Hmmm..that list isn't as impressive as it feels it should be. I'm sure I'll think of others things we did so that I can share but for now, Dakota is impatiently waiting for me so that we can watch The L Word. More tomorrow!

13 comments:

Froggymama said...

Isn't impressive? Sounds like you accomplished a ton! And I LOVE the b-day invite! You're a great mama!

Monogram Queen said...

Ahhh Kelton likes the Backyardigans! So far all I have to deal with is Strawberry Shortcake.
Love the invitation. I did one for Maddie's party and was so pleased with it! Can't to see the play place & party pics :)

Unknown said...

Darling invitations. I'm sure Kelton is dying with excitement already. You should be proud of your weekend accomplishments. I give myself a pat on the back for changing the toilet paper!

Dakota said...

Yeah you! You did get a lot done this weekend, plus, we even had some family time together.

Love you,
D

Brenda said...

You've been busy! Love the invitation!!!

Casey said...

FroggyMama: It sure felt like I accomplished a ton...it just felt so non-impressive written down. You know - work your rear end off for three solid days and have oh...5 things to write about. :) Thanks for liking the invite. I think it turned out pretty well and I got a resounding approval rating from the almost birthday boy. :)

Patti_Cake: The Backyardigans is actually a really good show - all about using your imagination. Both my guys LOVE it. Congrats on making Maddie's invite! I would love to see it. :)

SeasonalKat: Thanks! :)

Nikki: Changing rolls of TP is VERY important! :) And you know, I don't think the birthday thing has really started to register. I was beginning to think I'd never get a theme from him but he saw the Backyardigans at his cousins birthday this weekend and decided right then and there. Cool!

Dakota: It was a good weekend! And hey - we even got to watch a movie from beginning to end without interruption. First time ever...or at least close to it. :)

Brenda: Thanks! :)

Caroline said...

Wow, I need a nap just reading everything you did over the weekend.

Love the theme for Kelton's b-day party. The day you are having his party is when we leave for Florida. It's going to be a great day for both our families.

Casey said...

Caroline: Thanks! :) And the day of his party is his actually birthday. A very good day indeed! :)

Gandksmom said...

WTG with the list. I love the party invitations. I cannot believe that he is going to be 5!!! Where has the time gone?? I hope that he has a happy birthday!

Dee said...

Such cute invites! I'm very impressed with the accomplishments on your "To Do" list. Good job! Wish I was that disciplined!

Jen said...

awesome invitation. How did you make it? That is a great idea. I bet it's even cheaper than buying blank invitations.

We are just starting with Backyardigans....they are kinda cute!

Casey said...

Jen: Thanks! I scanned in the Backyardigan stuff from the birthday banner you can by, altered them by removing the backgrounds. Then I used my digi-scrapping stuff and the Photoshop Elements program. Bing Bam Boom. Done. :)

Sonya said...

Yay on all the accomplishments. Divide and conquer is so helpful.

We also love love love the Backyardagains and have several saved on our DVR. Great invite!