Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So Tired

I am feeling so tired today. The (many) dark, gray and rainy days are taking a toll and I am really looking forward to the sun they have promised for the weekend. And dang it! I'm holding them to that promise.

We. Need. Sunshine.

When Kelton heard the weather report this morning he looked and me, grinned and then yelled "Hey Kaylen! We get to wear shorts this weekend!" Kaylen responded with "Really?"

Let's hope so.

I want to pull out the patio chair cushions, uncover the sand box and hear the excited squeals coming from children swinging so high they rock their swing set. I want to hear lawn mowers running from various parts of the neighborhood and I want to hear pleas for a pool because "it's soooo hot!"

I want to put aside thoughts of looking into free insurance quotes and wiping dog paws each and every time they go outside (which is an unbelievably high number in the course of a day). I want to stop watching the moss grow and instead watch the seeds we planted a few weekends ago sprout.

I'm ready for some sun - and I know I'm not alone in this. Sunny days recharge my batteries and they sure need that.

So here's hoping.

No comments: