Monday, January 07, 2008

Wedding Bells and Memories

My cousin is getting married next month but I won't be attending the festivities (yes, we were invited but I declined. With Dakota's hectic school schedule, the wedding being three hours away, an expensive hotel stay, the need to arrange child care for the wedding itself - well, it just isn't practical for us to go). I am, however, eager to see photos. It's a black tie optional event and the last I heard my brother was trying to find someone else in the family who would be willing to go in a tux. I think photos are a must, don't you? There is just something great about people dressed to the nines. :)

I wonder what the groomsmen gift will be. Probably a nice pair of cuff links. I know that at our wedding we gave all our attendants Micky Mouse socks and really cool, funky sunglasses. Yeah yeah - not as spectacular as cuff links but they were well received just the same....and it made for some really fun photos! :)

Weddings. They are nice, aren't they? There is just something about being caught up in all the magic that usually goes along with a wedding and I know that, for me, I find myself looking back remember the day Dakota and I said "I do." What an absolutely perfect day. Yep - just thinking about our wedding makes me happy all over.

I wish my cousin all the best as she starts her new life. Congrats to them!!

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Congrats to your cousin!
I love a wedding too and haven't been to a good one in almost a year. I love to reminisce about my wedding too. What a magical day!