Thursday, August 04, 2005

Just Freakin' Shoot Me!

What? Because I was lucky enough to get a 90 minute nap yesterday my kids thought it would be funny to keep me up all night? I'm exhausted and cranky.....between the princess waking to nurse or fuss every hour (or less) and the prince having bad dreams for the second night in a row I logged *maybe* 3 hours of broken sleep. This sucks!!!

D came in to get me (I had given up and taken the princess into the guest bed with me an hour prior) when her alarm went off at 4:50AM to sit with the prince who was too upset to fall back to sleep (she had already been with him for a good 30 minutes). He, of course, kept insisting to get up. I, on the other hand, was insisting that he did not. An hour later, the princess woke yet again wanting to nurse so I left the prince in his room to tend to her. He followed me in and wanted to go watch tv (as if!). I told him no and that *I* was going back to sleep after the princess was done eating because if I didn't we weren't going to be having a very good day. He climbed up and promptly...........fell asleep. ARGH!! He couldn't have done that an hour before?

Never fear though - he woke up 30 minutes later to request that I shut the bedroom window because it was "too noisy". I'm not sure I heard anything more than the distant chirping of a bird but whatever. I climbed over the princess and closed the window. Before I could turn around the prince said "Awake time?" I lied and said "No - it's still too early." (it was 7 but to me it felt like 4) "But Mama...me no tired anymore."

Sighing very deeply - I agreed to get up.

It's going to be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long day.

Does anyone want two adorable kids for the day? :)

3 comments:

Estelle said...

Ummm.... I'm having a hard time finding the "adorable" part in that whole thing.
So, now you know how I feel, up and down with a pg wife and night and psychotic cats with bells on spring vaulting of my face. SO! I don't feel sorry for you.



I tried to be mean. It didn't work. I do feel sorry for you. I would take them, but I think the flight would freak them out.

Laura said...

Huge hugs to you!!!!!!!!!! I really hope you can get a nap today and some decent sleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

I felt bad for you...then I got off the phone with you this afternoon and I became jealous!!! :o)

Yes, you needed and DESERVED the 2-hour nap the kids gave you! But, with 2 young kids of my own…I can't help but be jealous of the fact that both of your kids still NAP (allowing you the occasional afternoon to join them!) :o)

I do hope your night goes better! Hopefully Princess sleeps for longer stretches and your Prince won't have any more scary dreams!