Friday, August 05, 2005

Being Bitchy

We have a "wine night" at D's sisters house tonight (it's a family gathering usually held on Friday night to celebrate the end of the week) to celebrate a new baby coming to the family. D's nephew and his live in gf are expecting a baby which is great and all but I don't so much feel like celebrating.

The baby is great, sure but I have issues with the nephew.

Jeff has never once even sent a comment in the direction of the princess - it's almost like she doesn't exist to him (which pissed me off!). He adores his two nieces and dotes on them and gifts them with presents all the freakin' time - all the while ignoring the prince (and now the princess). He is, at best, barely civil to the prince which kills me. The prince just adore his cousin and I so wish he didn't. Jeff hardly gives the prince the time of the day - and as for birthday or christmas gifts (let alone the all year round ones we watch him give to the girls) - forget it (and I know for dead certain that his mom bought those gifts and signed Jeff's name to the card). Except for the prince's first christmas and birthday, he hasn't gotten anything and I can't stand the look on his little face when he realizes his 4 year old cousin got something from Jeff. My heart breaks in ten-thousand ways.

So....I really don't want to go over there tonight and pretend to be happy. The bitchy part of me is thinking "Too much trouble to get married first?" I know this is an ooops baby but still.

3 comments:

Casey said...

Thanks...it relaly does suck now that the prince is old enough to ask why his cousin is getting presents and he isn't.

A three year old shouldn't have to be that mature yet. :(

Anonymous said...

So sad... :o(

gabrielle said...

I totally understand casey. Isabellas grandmother on her other mums side doesn't acknowledge her as a grandaughter either. When G.s sister had her first baby and we went to visit we walk in and her mum goes 'meet my first grandchild'. I wanted to walk out again and even G. said but what about Isabella to which her mum went 'oh yes of course' and tried to cover up. Luckily she now lives in Australia and G.s sister lives in a different city so the differences between what the other girls and bella get aren't so obvious anymore
gabrielle